Phantom Cricket have invested in a state-of-the-art bat knocking in machine in order that we can offer our customers the best possible service. We also accept bats bought elsewhere including all makes.
Your bat will be machine knocked in for consistency before being hand hammered on the toe and edges to further strengthen and withstand miss timed shorts (which even the best players do).
This service includes the bat being oiled with premium linseed oil so that your bat doesn’t dry out and become brittle. Finally an anti-scuff sheet is fitted for durability. Your cricket bat will then be ready for use. (While we try to prepare the bats for match use, the only way to really know if a bat is ready is to have some throw downs with good quality soft balls – which we can’t do for you I’m afraid. It’s best to be cautious early on)
We charge £40 per bat. Turnaround times will vary however we aim to make bats ready to dispatch within 7-10 days of your order (this excludes custom orders where knocking in has also been requested).
The process (where knocking in not requested as part of the original bat purchase):
- Place the order online, including any additional services required
- Download and complete the Bat Care form
- Attach the Bat Care form securely to the bat
- Send the bat to the address on the form (we recommend that you use a tracked insured service, we cannot take any liability for the bat until it confirmed to be in our possession)
- Let our professional service take care of the painstaking task of preparing a new bat.
Note that all bats sent to Phantom Cricket MUST be accompanied by a Bat Care form. We cannot process the knocking in without this.